Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Turkey Time.

I have never hosted Thanksgiving dinner before.
I am giving it a shot this year.
Here is a tentative menu:

Turkey with stuffing alla Albanese. (Kulaç or shok, kulaç. I have to enlist my mom’s help for that.)
Mushroom Soup
Stir Fry Veggies
Meat Loaf filled with Eggs and Cheese
Sweet Potatoes Au Gratin
Oven Baked Broccoli with Leeks
Curried Lentils and Vegetables
Brussels Sprouts Vinaigrette
Sallate Ruse (Literal translation: Russian salad. No idea why it’s called that, but it’s an Albanian traditional dish and I love it.).

Dessert: Kahlua Coffe Cake and Chocolate chip cookies, all made by me. I don’t like apple pies, pumpkin pies, or any cranberry pies, so I opted for chocolate, coffee and some Kahlua. In addition there will be: roasted nuts, dried figs, cranberries, green apples, and pomegranates.

I know it doesn’t look like a traditional Thanksgiving dinner without any gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, or apple pie but since most of my family (including myself) doesn’t prefer these American delicacies, I had to modify a few things and leave a couple of things out. But hey we still got the bird.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Give thanks for all the blessings in your life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 sek
mmmm lovely menu....I loved the desert choice of yours ...sorry but what is kahlua?
dhe ajo shega....mmm si themi ne nga anet tona ma hoqi trurin:)

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your menu looks unusual at first glance, but sounds delicious.
E tamam, shega duket shume e shijshme. Super red. :)

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hajde menu hajdeeee - ushtri do ushqesh moj? :P

po me shkon goja leng, te vij edhe une?

eni: kahlua eshte nje lloj pije, ne pamje e ngjashme me irish cream (apo vov sic i kemi pas thene ne Shqiperi).

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eni, I asked a russian friend of mine about russian salad. they do it too but they call it "french salad"
the french had no other comment but shrugged their shoulders and said "Non".
thx for the comments
blete

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com