Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

What makes me mad is: Christmas decorations in the beginning of November. I cannot understand it, apart from the obvious that this is the most commercial holiday ever. Last night my neighbor put up lights around his home and other decorations. I feel as if people like him are trying to expedite the yearly cycle of winter holidays and the entrance of the New Year, thus making our lives go by faster. Well, I refuse for my life to walk by me at a faster rate than usual; I refuse to put Christmas decorations up since the beginning of November.

Another thing that makes me mad is people who staple the bottom of their pants when they are too long, or somehow need adjustment, especially with dress pants. It’s not being too cheap that bothers me, but it’s the fact that these people completely ignore the simple norms of dressing up, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hate those kind of early celebrations and the celbration itself ! It seems so commercial to me.
Also here in Turkey , are decorating the shopwindows from now.The same thing happens before saint valentin's day...you'd see a lot of shops full of red heart shaped pillows..they suck...
also the tv commercials and newspapers are full of them.This happens on mothers and father's day as well.I find it so hypocrite and stupid ..Why should we have a special day to celebrate this important things?Why should we create such a disgusting commercial atmosphere? I've never been able to understand such a thing...

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

I don't understand the stapling your pants thing. Do you actually mean with real staplers? *confused*

3:40 PM  
Blogger bizele said...

I mean that when the bottom of their pants needs alterations, they actually staple it with a real stapler instead of sewing it

11:50 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Wow, that is lazy. Didn't realise that was even possible.

3:39 AM  
Blogger shqipo said...

End of November? That's kinda late, actually. Some stores start in @#$ September!

LOL! Staple them? that's hilarious! and uggly!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. it disturbs me a little to see Christmas decorations in shops so early. But when I see them on people's homes and windows I just think that they must really just love the holiday. Nothing wrong with that. Christmas brings such lovely warm feelings. Children love the lights. And it brings so much vibrant colour to a grey winter. Try to be positive.

(Stapling your clothes??? Ewwwwwwww!)

10:39 AM  
Blogger bizele said...

Traveller: I don't know, it's just too early for me. I think everything has it's own time, and for me it's not Christmas time yet. But then again I come from the city (that you now live), where a Chrsitmas tree was called a New Year's tree, and holiday decorations were sometimes still hanging around on shop windows in the middle of july/august, provoking a foreigner to ask: are they getting ready early, or are they just too lazy to take them down?(true story by the way)

Am I the only one who has ever seen people staple the bottom of their pants, it must a Florida thing only...

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what Edi!
There are now several shops n Tirana that have Christmas decorations in the windows and have a huge selection of things to buy for the trees etc. It's really funny considering the extremely warm weather we are having!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com