Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mr. Eggplant


Meet my friend Mr. Eggplant, he was eaten for lunch on Tuesday (turli). My mom is very funny, she had brought over some groceries and amongst all the onions, tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers I found Mr. Eggplant. I discovered him on Tuesday and sat in front of my refrigerator laughing my heart out for over 5 minutes. He was delicious and made a great turli.
Turli is an Albanian dish used frequently during the summer, when veggies can be found in abundance. I kinda have my own recipe for it: take potatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, carrots, onions, squash, tomatoes, zucchini (basically any kind of veggie that you can think of, and if you are missing something don't worry, it will work with any number of veggies) and cut them into pieces (peel the potatoes, onions and carrots, wash the rest). Put them on an oven tray;sprinkle them with olive oil, oregano, dried or fresh parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Put it in the oven at about 400 degrees. I couldn't tell you how long to leave them in because I never follow specific directions myself. I just check them once in a while...Usually it is made with meat (chunks or ground beef), but I prefer the vegetarian one.

6 Comments:

Blogger belle_fleur said...

this is really funny. i have never seen an egplant like that...patellxhan me vesh:))

1:12 AM  
Blogger eni said...

ua sa komik qenka ky patllixhani me shkrive:)dhe une e kam qejf turline dhe ajo receta jote dukeshka vertet yummy!

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hajt te behfte mire goce.

4:20 AM  
Blogger ITS said...

I am sure that missus Eggplant didn't find this episode quite as funny! :-(

10:02 AM  
Blogger bizele said...

belle, cfare veshi mi shoqe, hunde hajde de, po vetem vesh nuk eshte ai...

e shikoni miq se cbejne nderhyrjet gjenetike neper ushqime, prodhim zarzavatesh me organe turpi...jepini dhe ca kohe se do i bejne me duar e me kembe.

11:14 AM  
Blogger shqipo said...

sqaroje i cik belle-n qe eshte hunde! very funny!

turli is da bomb!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com