Saturday, February 16, 2008

v-day


I don’t have any special memories from past valentine days. It always turns out to be more than a random day, on which for the past two years something bad has occurred. Last year I turned a very expensive lap top into a very expensive door mat by spilling water on it (very few drops, but nonetheless it did the trick). Yesterday I locked my keys in my car (considering my severe clumsiness, I had never done this before) and had to wait in cold weather wearing a short sleeves shirt for about 2 hrs. Not as costly as the lap top “shower”, but nonetheless froze my ass off.

I must admit that every year I was a little distressed at our inability to make dinner plans and celebrate in true valentine fashion (3 years ago, I asked him to pick up something to eat on his way home from work, he brought me a sub and a whole roasted chicken from the local grocery store; I sat on the couch watching the chicken instead of the movie…) So we tried the dinner thing this year, and it hit me why I do not really like v-day. I hate the idea of being forced to have dinner/kissing/making love at the same time as the rest of the country’s couples (minus the west coast). At any rate, dinner was great, dessert was even better, and spending time with him was superb since we hadn’t seen each other all weak.

I know there are a lot of people out there who are single, and a lot of them don’t like valentines day, not because they are alone but because of all the material things that this day represents (which most of the time are the fruits of labor of modern day slavery-at the very least-flowers from Latin America where people work in dire conditions, and the chocolate from Africa where many child workers labor in this industry). But Valentines Day doesn’t require a lover, just love, and love is all around us: family, friends, nature and all the simple things that give us pleasure. Most importantly doesn’t have to be represented by material things, I wrote him a letter with 101 reasons why I love him…I will spare you all the dorky, cheesy, corny details. He rocks my world and makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. He also makes mish me patate or pilaf me pule on occasions using the tenxhere me pressure…J

p.s. v-day story contest didn’t get many participants, 3 submissions, 2 of which were anonymous, and 1 from bletebzzzz…turp tju vije te gjithve, you guys let me down, pervec Blete per te cilen do pergatis varsen.

4 Comments:

Blogger eni said...

yeah you are so right girl! i sympathize with everything you said.

p.s : e di qe ke te drejte te inatosesh me ne qe s'te derguam histori por me beso qe nuk me vinte asgje ne mend:(

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Per mua varesen e meriton ti. (nqs lejohet te drejtohem me "ti". Me beri te ndjehem teper mire.

Urime.

6:40 AM  
Blogger belle_fleur said...

I am with you about v-day. Its all about love, family and friends. I am glad that you had a good one this year:)

p.s. edhe une fajtore jam, e pranoj por vertet s'dija cfare te shkruaja. Mos me kritiko me shume se e di cfare mendon:PP

4:31 AM  
Blogger Llampa said...

Mmm, sot e hapa per here te pare dhe shoh qe jane bere postime te reja, gjithe kete kohe kisha pershtypjen qe e mbaje te mbyllur blog-un. Hajt me, me shpetoi kesaj rradhe kjo gara :)

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com