Friday, January 26, 2007

Hidden down here, you will find my secret...

Now, you hear me, and you hear me well. This is my secret:
I choose to no longer allow it to remain a secret because of its enormous burden, the weight of which my back can no longer afford to maintain. I am letting you know about it so that maybe you could understand the pain that I have so far endured. I am letting you know about it because I can no longer tolerate silence.
Seek out a quiet place where to sit and listen. The words that I am about to say, deepening on your soul, might affect you in a very direct way. I am about to pass my weight on to you, thus you will need a place where to sit because the weight is so massive that only by sitting down will you be able to support it, unless you have superpowers… and if you do, you could save me from my pain. After hearing of my secret you might experience an urgent need to label me naïve and childish, and that I am, but I can not help the way in which I feel.
I hope that you can find the power to understand. This is my secret: I fear this world…

1
2
3
-every three seconds a child dies because of extreme poverty
1
2
3
…there is no reason in the world for a child to die
1
2
3

(I could go on and on with similar heart breaking facts, but I will spare you their redundant rawness, because all you need to know is that every three seconds a child dies as a result of extreme poverty…for the rest I will allow you to do your own Google searches.)

What does one do, when the weight of terrible things that routinely occur uninterrupted around the world, catches up with your spirit? When I say that, imagine for only a moment being surrounded by pointy arrows aimed towards your body. The room in which you breathe gradually becomes smaller and smaller, until you start feeling the pain of the arrows before they even rupture thru into your bare flesh. Then, the blood flows outlining the silhouette of your body until it reaches the soil and turns it red.

So much destruction, so much pain, so much suffering, so much darkness, so much death. The more you breathe, the less oxygen there is around for you to inhale during the next interval of breathing…so you reach a point where you feel like a lost soul stranded on ice: the coldness has taken over the core of your essence. You have surrendered to the cold because it's easier that way. It’s easier to let the cold in, to close your eyes, to sleep for eternity.

And here I got again at it:
But what does one do, when the weight of these problems is so unbearable for one person to feel?
What does one do, when one does not know where to start?
What does one do, when one does not know what to do?
Could it be possible to be aware of so much but still sit idle, conquered by pure apathy?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger eni said...

it makes harder speaking about this theme , when you know there's nobody who's really listening to you , or maybe there's no sudden choice to that awful situation:(

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@bizele: where did you get these stats?

@eni: what do you mean "there's nobdy listening to you?"

9:36 AM  
Blogger eni said...

se kam me ty ore shqipo pse te djeg ty:)

10:36 AM  
Blogger bizele said...

shqipo: it's one of the things that I remember from school, and I have read it elsewhere as well...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com