Thursday, August 24, 2006

I am back.


I am all crunched in my seat reading Delta’s Sky Magazine, while listening to my tunes. I had planned to read a book during the flight, but apparently I forgot it in the car that dropped me off at the airport during the rush of double checking my purse to make sure that I was not taking any prohibited items on the plane. I guess it is better that I forgot the book, instead of something like my ID or wallet (though that would have not been a huge surprise for someone like me).

So as I sit here reading Sky Magazine and among the numerous travel articles, which make me lust for a vacation under the Tuscan sun or the Turkish white beaches, I found a friend. His name was Gavin Pretor Pinney, who get this: wrote a book about clouds, titled The Cloudspotter’s Guide. He was also the co-founder of the Cloud Appreciation Society. As silly as this may sound, he is my kind of friend. Rock on brother!
I would love to meet this guy and talk to him about our uncommon, common interest.
As I wrote this (on a delta napkin, due to the fact that I was lacking paper to write on) I was surrounded by clouds….
---------------------
I am back from the Big Apple, which was grand as always.
I had a horrifying dream last nigh. My father, who is a man powerless of hurting a bee, let alone a human, in my dream had killed two men and had taken a huge sum of money from them.
Silly dream had me wake up early today…I guess it wasn't so bad, I got to live the early morning sun without getting exhausted from the heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com