Thursday, August 03, 2006

Poetry Thursday again.


It has been such a long time since I have writen a poem.
I don't know if this one is much of a poem, but I decided to write it since this weeks topic defines an important part of my life.

Finding the Lost Tune

I had a lost melody in my mind
which had tormented me for quite a long time.
I only knew the melody,
didn’t know any of the words,
didn't know who wrote it,
who sang it,
where and when had I heard it.

At times it was a tune so distant,
like it had carried over from another world,
at other times it was so present,
so relevant to this world
that I truly believed that one day
I would solve the puzzle,
and find out what song it was.

That day came when I was walking down the ocean,
because everything great happens by the ocean.
I was walking with a man who
I didn’t know would grow to mean so much to me.
I was humming my puzzle tune.

Soon he started humming it,
Soon he started singing it,
Soon I found out what song it was.

I never knew it was as simple as this:
“Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence”.

I had found the lost tune.

4 Comments:

Blogger lisrobbe said...

great poem for not writing one in a long time.

11:48 AM  
Blogger mareymercy said...

I like that - how the man who will become important to you is partially so for helping you find that "puzzle tune." Very sweet.

6:30 PM  
Blogger bizele said...

thanks for your comments. it was really not much of a poem, mkore of an, but thanks for reading.

3:11 PM  
Blogger shqipo said...

Simon and Garfunkel had/have some good songs :)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com