Saturday, August 05, 2006

Dreaming.



My father’s aunt, who died in 1994, and her husband came to visit me in my dreams. She had been a beautiful lady all her life, with a great sense of self-confidence which reflected a grand presence whenever she was present in a room. Her husband had died years before I was born, but I had heard from my own aunt and my father that he was quite an exquisite human being, with an old gentleman charm, a world of knowledge and intellect, and a fine taste for good books and furniture. In my dream they had died and somehow they had been reborn again. They were on holiday and were staying in a condo somewhere by the beach. When I met them in my dream I was astonished to see them. The husband pulled me aside and said: do not say anything about our death; she doesn’t know that we have died once and then come back to life; it will ruin our vacation if you say something. I didn’t say anything. I admired them in my dream as they had always been admired by others when they had been alive.

It was strange. Why would they appear in my dream when one of them I had never met and the other died years ago? I had not even thought of them lately. Why at this point in my life they came to me?
I woke up and called my mother. I told her about the dream, and she told me that it meant that they had given me many blessings of good health and happiness. Perhaps it was like she said. Perhaps they came in my dream to show me that after so many years of separation they were together again, or even in an attempt to convince me that there was some sort of “being” after death.
Whatever the case is, they were happy and they appeared more alive then ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love dreams like that. It is such a joy to experience people who aren't around any longer, even if it's briefly, slightly confusing and fleeting.

12:11 PM  
Blogger shqipo said...

Wow, that is truly strange: the fact that the husband told you not to tell his wife they were already dead. How bizarre!

10:22 PM  
Blogger bizele said...

It was strange...I have been thinking about that dream/them all week long.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com