Friday, August 25, 2006

Love cooking, not baking...

The other night something happened that might discourage me from ever going on a baking mission again. For the first time in my life I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. No, I didn’t make them from scratch, as I am horrible with measurements and probably would have ended with terribly flat and hard as rock cookies. I bought the mixture from my groceries store, and made them easily by following the instructions on the box. Everything was going swell. I made sure that the cookies were perfectly baked, and not burned. I had placed them in a platter and was waiting for them to cool down when I unknowingly pressed my body against the blazing tray that had just come out of the oven. As if I wasn’t tall enough, I was trying to stretch upwards to reach some high cabinets, during which time my shirt went up and the skin two inches under my belly-bottom laid on the burning tray. I swear I heard a kshhhh sound, just like when you first throw eggs in a heated pan. Apparently I was so preoccupied with the cookies not getting burned, that I completely ignored my surroundings and ended up getting a burn in my own belly. It hurt as hell (the skin in that area is very sensitive, trust me), but what ticked me off the most was the line across my stomach about two inches long. At the moment it looks like a strange, purposeless tattoo. If I pull the two ends of the burn upward it will take the shape of a smiley face. I imagine that after the burned skin will fall out of days it will look like an incision from an operation. No more baking for me. I love cooking but apparently baking is just not cut out for a girl like me.
I think it’s time to buy a one piece bathing suit (for the first time in my adult life)…

P.S. If you want to know about the cookies they came out quite nice, chewy and everything. It was just difficult enjoying them...

1 Comments:

Blogger shqipo said...

oooo, poor girl! yikes! now when you go to the beach, it will look like you had a c-section! :P JUST KIDDING!

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com